Industry: IT Support and Networking, Management
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Design and implement reliable and cost effective systems to safeguard the enterprise systems (hardware, operating system, Data Center and related infrastructure.
Planning and Monitoring of IT Systems:
Monitoring of Operating System and Server performance to recommend necessary system enhancements for optimum utilization of available resources and avoid any possible bottlenecks in day to day business. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
Backups and Disaster Recovery Plan:
Develop and manage backup and restoration activities for disaster recovery strategy for all of the systems.
System Administration of MS Windows based Operating System and Administration for MS visual studio 2008/2010 based Software development team to ensure un-interrupted customer data load for all areas. Establishes, maintains and manages user’s accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
Manages the Data Centre:
Manages the data centre and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
Handling OS related queries from end users along with providing support internal IT users and support vendors for smooth and efficient operation.
Implement Security policies to secure system and ensure data is safe from viruses, un-authorized access, misuse and end users access according to their approved privileges.
Logs of all Activities:
Ensure that daily activity logs as well as all backup & recovery logs are properly maintained in order to keep track of routine activities
SOP and Business Policy Compliance:
Develop controls and ensure their implementation in systems as well as storage and development as per business policy, so that all of the hardware installed in the data centre of the company work as per the defined SOP.
Storage Area Network Administration (SAN):
Administration of SAN and make sure all the data related to databases is available 24×7.
• Have potential to achieve results with personal efforts and team coordination.
• Can work under challenging environment and sustain pressures.
• Have focused objective on accuracy, proficiency, time management.
• Good analytical skills and good decision making.
• Effective communication skills
– Industry: Financial Institution
– Functional Area: System Administration (IT infrastructure/ Business Application)
– Total Position: 1
– Job Type: Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
– Department: Information Technology
– Job Location: Karachi
– Gender: Doesn’t Matter
– Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Microsoft Certified will be preferred)
– Degree Title: Bachelor’s in Computer Science
– Career Level: Experienced (Manager)
– Minimum Experience: 4+ years for System Administration for Enterprise Systems