Employer: S.M Traders
Industry: Textile and Manufacturing
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
1) Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
2) Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
3) Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
4) Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
5) Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
6) Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
7) Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
8) Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
9) Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
10) Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
11) Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
12) Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
13) Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices.
Career Resources, Tips and Guidelines for Successful Job Search
- Life Lessons That Come While Working Abroad
- Landing a Job in Logistics: Tricky Business With a Simple Drill
- 5 Things To Consider Before Accepting A Job Offer
- How to Live and Work abroad? Tips for better Professional Life in another country
- 149 Questions and Answers to Ace Your Teacher Interview
- The best tips to start your career in Advertising
- 34 Crucial Interview Tips for Your Next Job Interview