Employer: S.M Traders
Industry: Textile and Manufacturing
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
1) Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
2) Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
3) Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
4) Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
5) Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
6) Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
7) Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
8) Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
9) Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
10) Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
11) Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
12) Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
13) Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices.
Career Resources, Tips and Guidelines for Successful Job Search
- 149 Questions and Answers to Ace Your Teacher Interview
- The best tips to start your career in Advertising
- 34 Crucial Interview Tips for Your Next Job Interview
- 6 Tips to Ensure Your CV Hits the Bull’s Eye and get read
- 5 tips to find a job in foreign country
- How to become a great Salesperson
- What to Do If You’re Stumped During an Interview