Employer: Vam Systems
Industry: Finance and Accounts, IT Support and Networking, Management
VAM SYSTEMS is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services company with operations in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, USA, Australia, Singapore & India.
VAM SYSTEMS is currently looking for IT Program Manager for our Qatar operations with the following skill set and terms and conditions:
Skill Set required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required
• 8+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
• Previous technical project management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position
• Project Management certificate (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) (Preferred)
• Out of the 8 years required, at least 5 years in a combination of the following: Progressive broad-based information systems Project Management experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structure
• Experience in Program Management and execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle
• Manages the full IT project management life cycle for the implementation of highly complex, large-scale, Small-scale , strategic IT and Business Corporate Initiatives within a Pillar/Platform of the Client Strategic Plan
• Implements established policies, system monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all IT initiatives in the Program
• Supervises and leads the program and project staff to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between programs and works to ensure initiatives meet the Client Goals and Objectives of the executive leadership team. Perceived by peers and staff as a leader
• Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations on project decisions to PMO and Senior Management
• Manages allocation of resources within the program(s) to meet work fluctuations and budget and time constraints in the delivery process. Creates a high-performing team
• Serves as subject matter expert, providing technical and analytical guidance to the program and project teams
• Manages all aspects of the project/program management of a corporate initiative, which may include: cost benefit analysis, work plans, functional and technical designs, construction, testing and implementation. Ensures efficient and high quality installation of new software and/or systems, and monitors all technical aspects of implementing projects
• Provides support to the IT Solutions Team in identifying the appropriate solutions required by the user areas; assists IT Leadership in performing a needs analysis of the relevant business areas and in matching user needs to system capabilities to ensure the new system is easily and quickly integrated into the business environment
• Works with the Business areas in the Operational Readiness activities to provide support and coordination to ensure adoption of new systems and business processes in the Client environment
• Manages contracts and vendors assigned to IT included in the assigned program(s).
• Manages the Program Budget across all projects included in the program
• Collaborates with the finance department and various functional managers to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled; provide overall financial recommendations and develop controls and measurements to monitor progress
• Provides Finance with monthly accruals and forecasts by the due date established by Finance using the tools developed by Finance/PMO
• Maintains current statements of work for all contractors; tracks and approves contractor invoices in a timely manner
• Provides regular updates to project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of the budget. Documents reasons for budget excess or shortfall.
• Develops a comprehensive Risk Management Plan at the Program Level
• Proactively identifies risks and opportunities of both business and technical plans; identifies Risk Mitigation Strategies and Contingency Plans for all identified Risks. Maintains the Program Level issue and risk matrix log
• Provides a detailed plan of how the risk will be managed or eliminated. Provides a weekly Program status report with major risk factors when mitigation approach impacts the project timeline, budget or objectives
• Coordinates the Risk Management Plan and Risk Mitigation Strategy across all projects within the Program and manages the execution within the individual projects.
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 Month)
The selected candidates shall join VAM SYSTEMS –Qatar and shall be deputed to one of the leading Banks Qatar.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format.
Career Resources, Tips and Guidelines for Successful Job Search
- Landing a Job in Logistics: Tricky Business With a Simple Drill
- 5 Things To Consider Before Accepting A Job Offer
- How to Live and Work abroad? Tips for better Professional Life in another country
- 149 Questions and Answers to Ace Your Teacher Interview
- The best tips to start your career in Advertising
- 34 Crucial Interview Tips for Your Next Job Interview
- 6 Tips to Ensure Your CV Hits the Bull’s Eye and get read